Before You Start
After the email forwarding connection completes, Groove displays a window that lets you add team members to the Inbox. This is an optional step. You can add team members now or later.
Configuring Groove Settings
The first step is to set up your Groove Inbox.
- Go to your Groove account and make sure the Inbox page displays. If you happen to open a different page, click the Groove icon in the top left corner and then select Unassigned.
- Go to the center of the screen and click the Add an inbox button.
- In the popup window, click Other email client.
In the next window, fill in two fields.
- Enter a unique name for the Groove Inbox. This internal reference helps you quickly understand the source of incoming messages.
- Enter the Gmail address that will send messages to this Groove Inbox.
- Click Next Step.
- Go to the Groove window (see screenshot below) and copy the unique Inbox address. Now get ready to leave this browser tab - but don’t close it.
Setting Up Gmail Forwarding
Go to the browser tab with your open Gmail account.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Click See all settings.
- On the next page, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP → Add a forwarding address.
- In the popup window, paste in the Groove Inbox address and then click Next.
- Click Proceed in the popup window.
- Go back to the browser tab with the open Gmail account and click OK in the new popup window.
Go back to the browser tab with the open Groove account.
- Open the new Inbox and locate the verification message from Gmail.
- Click the link to confirm the request.
- Click Confirm again in the next window.
- Click Confirm in the next window. Gmail displays a success message.
Configuring the Forwarding Fields
Go back to the browser tab with your Gmail account.
- Refresh the Settings page.
- Make sure the Forwarding and POP/IMAP is selected.
- Select the radio button Forward a copy of incoming mail to.
- Check the next field and make sure the correct Groove Inbox address displays. If not, click the field and select the correct option on the drop-down menu.
- Review the selected option in the next field. The default setting is keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox. To choose a different action, click the field and select an option on the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Changes.
Completing the Integration
- Go back to the browser tab with your Groove account.
- Select the Inbox and click Complete setup button.
- In the popup window, click I’ve setup my email forwarding.
Groove sends a test message. If successful, two events happen.
- The test message appears in the Gmail account.
- Groove displays a popup window that lets you add members to the Groove Inbox. This is an optional step, and you can always add team members later. Learn more.
Checking the Results
When the connection completes, Groove removes the warning icon from the Inbox name but does not display the test message.
- To verify the connection, I sent a test message from a third-party account to the Gmail address. That message (subject Check11) appears in the Groove Inbox and confirms the email forwarding works properly.
Now you know how to forward messages from a Gmail account to a Groove Inbox.
Note: If you've set up filters in your Gmail, they might stop emails from being sent to Groove. But if the emails go to your main Gmail Inbox, they will still be forwarded to Groove.