Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) enhances your security by adding an extra layer of defense. Here we will show you how to activate it for your Groove account.
What is 2FA about?
Your regular password is like the front door key to your account, but 2FA is adding a secret handshake. You need not just one but two thumbs up to waltz in. And the best part? Setting up 2FA is a breeze, and we're about to show you how.
Using 2FA with an Authenticator App
You will need an authenticator app to turn on and use 2FA in Groove:
- First, head over to your app store for your preferred mobile device – whether it's Google Play or the App Store
- Search for an authenticator app like Google Authenticator or Authy
- Download and install it – easy peasy!
Setting up 2FA in Groove
To get started, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings → Personal → Profile → Two-factor auth
- Check the "Enable Two-Factor authentication" box
- Scan the QR code with your authenticator app
- Enter the secret code generated for Groove in the "Confirm code" section
- Congrats! You have officially synced your authenticator app in Groove
Now you know how to set up 2FA for your Groove account.