As with any software, bugs happen. As a company we aim to squash bugs immediately. And we make loud karate sounds and flex like Bruce Lee when we fix them.
How To Contact Us
You can submit your bug reports via email by sending directly to email@example.com, or you can also submit them via our customer support widget in your Groove Inbox.
Either way, your bug report will end up in the right place.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Tell us it's a bug and include brief description in the subject.
Example: BUG - Instant replies are always bold for some reason!
It's a little thing, but it helps us spot these tickets in the queue ASAP.
2. In your message include a detailed description of the bug, along with the steps to reproduce it, and what your expectation is for the correct behavior.
Here is a GOOD example of a bug report:
- Open any ticket.
- Write a reply and add an email with a syntax error (e.g: example@foo;com) in "cc" or "to" field.
- Click on "Send as Open", your system detects the mistake and shows it in red.
- Fix the mistake (e.g: example@foo;.com ==> firstname.lastname@example.org) and try to click again but the button is disabled. You need to reload the page to re-enable it.
- My expectation is that the syntax error would be detected without disabling the send button.
Here is a BAD example:
"I was writing a reply to a ticket and the send button got disabled."
3. Include the URLs (or ticket numbers) for ticket examples from your account.
In almost all cases, we will need to take a look at an example of the bug you're reporting in order to understand the problem. Sending examples up front saves us a lot of time when researching your bugs. Copy and paste the URL from the ticket.
4. Always send screenshots.
Even if you don't' think it requires it, send a screenshot just in case. This helps us get a better idea of what it is you're referring to exactly. If you have the means to take a screen recording of a bug (Loom.com is a wonderful free app that saves tons of time), even better.
Troubleshooting Browser Issues
- Clear your cache & cookies, restart your browser
- Test Groove in an incognito (private) window (Guides for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE)
- Test Groove in a different browser
- Open your developer console and see if you are getting any errors (Guides for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE)
Troubleshooting Computer Issues
- Check your anti-virus software to see if it could be interfering with Groove.
- Check any firewalls you may have.
- Check your ISP status for any service related issues.